Saturday, July 14, 2012

Trying To Engage British Methodists On Human Rights

geoffff

Or should I say Clerical Antizionists?



I left this a moment ago on this blog.



G’day Richard Hall,


Will you try please to help me with this horrible on going human rights violation on a massive scale I am trying in our feeble human way to do something about?

I know this is a strange appeal from the other side of the world but I have looked at your blog and thought that in some sort of way you could do something..


Please help with perhaps one of the great moral dilemmas of our day. The surrender of a whole nation to …

....


The reply?  

You guessed it.

Here it is














geoffff 07.14.12 at 8:52 am
[deleted by admin]
Forget it, “geoffff”


Update!




  1. I'm sorry Richard that you feel that way. I'm an Aussie!
    I know the songs are pretty weak but the game is sufferable.

    If you want a serious and informed public discussion on this subject then you are welcome at my blog. In any event I'm about to post this there.
    ReplyDelete
  2. And this


    Also I forgot to mention I'm a Woody Guthrie fan from way back! There's a point of contact.

    Anyway last chance Richard. Do you want a civil discussion on these core moral subjects that has attracted so much of the attention of you and your denomination? Or not?
    ReplyDelete

And since?

Well nothing really.

Anyway I'm still here if  they want to say something or hear another point of view. I doubt it though. My guess is that these people would prefer to regard these attempts at dialogue as something else.

Further Update!

British Humour!


Dennis Levene 07.14.12 at 12:16 pm
Hope you’ve got Happy Joyous Hanukkah on JMG Records (2007)
4
Richard 07.14.12 at 12:34 pm
I’m afraid I don’t.
5
Kim 07.14.12 at 1:47 pm
In a fit of pedagogical masochism, I visited geofffff’s — sorry, geofff’s — website, where I discovered a laudatory reference to Melanie Phillips. I guess this is the same Mad Mel who wrote the Islamophilic Londonistan, sensitively likens gay relationships to bestiality, learnedly denies anthropogenic climate change, and lovingly longs to see the back of Rowan Williams. I think we’re at the orc-end of the blogosphere here, folks.
6
Richard 07.14.12 at 1:58 pm
I don’t think there’s much to be gained by engaging. Life is too short.
7
Kim 07.14.12 at 2:19 pm
That’s what gets me, Richard: some folk come here not to engage but to vandalise the place. Heigh-ho — it’s a pity, really.
8
Richard 07.14.12 at 4:56 pm
It is a pity. I’ll talk to anyone, no matter how much I disagree with them, if a measure of civility and goodwill can be assumed. But that would be a very unsafe assumption in this instance.
A measure of civility?

It is a pity.  He would like to engage. 

But I'm an orc . Therefore I might say something rude. 

Last Update 





cross posted Israel Thrives


Richard 07.14.12 at 8:20 pm
Be honest. You gave no indication on your own blog, on “Daphne’s” (so bravely outspoken that she blogs under a pseudonym) or in your comments here that you were looking for a reasoned and civil conversation. If I blog about something you want to talk about, you’ll be welcome and I’ll happily engage.
However, posting off-topic (and sarcastic) comments doesn’t make me well-disposed as a conversation partner. Nor do insulting comments on other blogs.


Ah well 


Here's a question for you Richard that you can leave swinging in the wind on this blog just as you have done on yours.

Why don't the British Methodists use their good offices with the Palestinians to ask them to stop the vile  antisemitic propaganda,  accept the Jewish state, end the "occupation"  , accept "Palestine" and raise their children in peace?



7 comments:

  1. And since?


    Hi Richard

    one last go?



    Trying to engage with British Methodists


    Or should I say Clerical Antizionists?



    I left this a moment ago on this blog.



    G’day Richard Hall,


    Will you try please to help me with this horrible on going human rights violation on a massive scale I am trying in our feeble human way to do something about?

    I know this is a strange appeal from the other side of the world but I have looked at your blog and thought that in some sort of way you could do something about.

    http://geofffff.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/taking-on-clerical-antizionism.html

    Please help with perhaps one of the greatest moral dilemmas of our day. The surrender of a whole nation to …

    ....


    The reply?

    You guessed it.


    Here it is





    geoffff 07.14.12 at 8:52 am
    [deleted by admin]
    Forget it, “geoffff”

    C'mon Richard I'm an Aussie!

    I mean the songs are bloody awful but the game is worth

    What are scared of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Richard that you feel that way. I'm an Aussie!
    I know the songs are pretty weak but the game is sufferable.

    If you want a serious and informed public discussion on this subject then you are welcome at my blog. In any event I'm about to post this there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this


    Also I forgot to mention I'm a Woody Guthrie fan from way back! There's a point of contact.

    Anyway last chance Richard. Do you want a civil discussion on these core moral subjects that has attracted so much of the attention of you and your denomination? Or not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Methodist minister Richard knows why I post under a pseudonym. Or should do. Not only is the reason stated on my blog, but I amplified the reason when I first posted on his blog.
    For three/four years I was subject to stalking and abuse by a leftwing male internet troll from Greater Manchester who posted vile, obscene, and antisemitic material about me because I defended the State of Israel on a forum where real names were used. He even posted my phone number and address on forums, and the police eventually cautioned him (but to no avail). I was determined, when I began blogging, that this odious pest would not find me, and so far he hasn't. Although I post under a pseudonym I have never taken advantage of my anonymity in order to abuse anybody, and have always treated Richard and his clerical friends with courtesy when posting on his blog. As he well knows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a cheap shot Daphne to be sure. I think he's just curious about who the hell you are.

    I too am careful to be seen to be taking personal responsibility for what I say but I use a pretty thin veneer of a pseudonym for privacy and security reasons. We all have horror stories.

    It never cease to disgust me to see anti-Zionist Jews applauded for their "courage".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know a lot about Christians but I can tell you it's unorcly to bear grudges.

    Geoffff's Joint Bar Grill

    http://geofffff.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete